Student Services enable students to be successful in all aspects of their schooling. Assistence is provided for educational planning, career planning and personal issues. Successful and meaningful experiences early on will better prepare them to continue learning and meet challenges after leaving the high school environment.
Students are assigned to a counsellor alphabetically, by last name. However, students may see any counsellor they choose to discuss personal problems.
Students can drop into the counselling center at any time.
- Course planning leading to graduation, post-secondary education and employment.
- Arranging for resource teacher assistance for students experiencing academic difficulties.
- Academic ‘action plan’ development for students with academic problems.
- Providing scholarship and post-secondary application information.
- Facilitating the transfer of students’ academic information to the Ministry of Education and also to postsecondary institutions
- Providing reference letters upon request
- Assisting students in goal setting for careers.
- Advising of career inventory services
- Crisis counselling involving home, personal or school related problems.
- Consultation with and referral to outside agencies.
- Discussing personal development issues.
- Personal goal setting strategies.