You should bring the following items to the exam:
• Several sharpened No. 2 pencils (with erasers) for all multiple-choice answer sheets.
• Pens with black or dark blue ink for completing areas on the exam booklet covers and for free-response questions in most exams.
• A watch (in case your exam room does not have a clock that you can see easily).
• A calculator with the necessary capabilities if you’re taking an AP Calculus, Chemistry, or Physics Exam. Please refer to the following link for the specific requirements, or see Ms. Bloom.
• A ruler or straightedge if you’re taking an AP Physics Exam
• Your social security number for identification purposes (optional). If you provide it, the number will appear on your AP Grade Reports.
You should not bring the following to the exam:
• Cellular phones, pagers, MP3 players or personal digital assistants (PDAs)[including translators]
• Books, compasses, correction fluid, dictionaries, highlighters, or notes.
• Rulers and straightedges (except as noted above).
• Scratch paper (notes can be made on portions of the exam booklets).
• Calculators (except as noted above).
• Watches that beep or have an alarm
• Portable listening or recording devices (even with headphones) or photographic equipment.
• Food or drink
• Clothing with subject-related information
You are required to arrive no later than 30 minutes prior to your exam: 7:30 a.m. for the morning
administration; 11:30 a.m. for the afternoon administration.
Students may not be dismissed until an exam has officially ended. Do not ask to leave early if you
finish before the end of the test, as your request will be denied.
If you play a sport or have a job, it will be your responsibility to inform your coach or employer
of your AP obligation and arrangements should be made accordingly.
Get a good night’s rest before your test, and eat a nutritious breakfast. You will be provided with a snack and beverage for your 10-minute break.
Eating is prohibited while you are taking an exam.
It is advisable to bring a sweater, in case the room temperature is below your comfort level.
You are required to abide by the policies of both the College Board and Byrne Creek Secondary during the exam period. Any misconduct will be reported and could jeopardize your AP Exam grade. If you decide not to take an exam, please inform me as soon as possible prior to the test administration. You must submit a refund request in writing in order to receive the partial payment per exam. Please include your home address with your request. A check will be issued in June after the cancellation and return costs incurred to the school have been deducted from the original payment.
Be sure to review the Bulletin for AP Students and Parents. If you have any additional questions or concerns,
please contact Ms. Bloom at 604-664-8299 or Pamela.Bloom@sd41.bc.ca. Good luck!